Gateway Graduate School (GGS), the higher education and professional development arm of the Gateway Group, one of the largest education-sector conglomerates in Sri Lanka, offers internationally recognised qualifications for teachers and professionals of the education-sector. Up to now, one thousand plus teaching/education-sector professionals from Sri Lanka and abroad have undergone the training and development processes of GGS. The teacher training and education qualifications offered by GGS are through partnerships with prestigious international institutions: The University of Nottingham for an MA in Education qualification (ranked 25th worldwide for Education) and Pearson Edexcel for Teaching Diploma and Advanced Teaching Diploma qualifications.
The education and teaching programmes at GGS start with a diploma for entry-level teachers and progress up to a master’s degree from the University of Nottingham. The three programmes offered are as follows
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Professional Diploma in Teaching: This qualification enables the participants to develop a broad theoretical and practical perspective of the teaching profession. The programme requires all participants to undergo practical classroom training of teaching 150 hours.
- Entry requirements: Advanced Level (local/UK) qualification or Gateway Graduate School’s International Foundation Programme or equivalent
- Duration: One year of part-time studies
- Career progression opportunities: Upon the successful completion of the programme, participants can progress in their teaching careers or gain entry into the teaching profession within the non-government sector in Sri Lanka.
- Academic progression opportunities: Successful participants can progress on to the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Advanced Teaching offered by GGS.
Pearson BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Advanced Teaching: This programme provides scope to the participants to develop advanced teaching and training skills.
- Entry requirements: GGS’s Pearson BTEC Level 4 Professional Diploma in Teaching or a recognised degree qualification or a recognised diploma qualification with one year’s relevant work experience
- Duration: One year of part-time studies
- Career progression opportunities: Upon the successful completion of the qualification, participants can progress on to senior teaching and administrative positions within the education sector.
- Academic progression opportunities: Successful participants can progress on to the University of Nottingham’s MA in Education offered through GGS.
MA in Education – awarded by the University of Nottingham: This prestigious master’s programme is offered exclusively through GGS in Sri Lanka by the University of Nottingham. The modules are taught by Nottingham’s fly-in faculty.
- Entry requirements: GGS’s Pearson BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Advanced Teaching with one year’s relevant work experience or a relevant degree qualification equivalent to a British second class honours degree.
- Duration: 20 – 24 months of part-time studies
- Career progression opportunities: Upon the successful completion of the qualification, participants can progress on to senior managerial/administrative and/or teaching/training/academic careers within a broad range of knowledge-based sectors of employment.
- Academic progression opportunities: Those who possess the MA in Education qualification with good grades may progress on to doctoral-level studies with the University of Nottingham or with other leading universities across the world.
GGS will hold an Open Day on Saturday, 15th of September 2018 (10.00am – 3.00pm) for those who aspire to join the teaching profession and for the teachers and educational professionals who wish to enhance their professional skills. Those interested are welcome to sit at lectures, observe classes, interact with lecturers and students, join in learning activities, and view the facilities available. Attendees will be able to gain first-hand experience of how our institution operates and will be provided with attractive discounts for registering on the day for our courses.